Need help debugging a memory corruption bug in shfldr_unixfs.c

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Fri Aug 26 16:09:47 CDT 2005

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 11:03:33PM +0200, Michael Jung wrote:
> Thanks for your comments. The problem is that things are really dynamic here.
> Every time you double click a folder, the current ShellView object is
> destroyed and a new one is created. Given that I have to browse into like 30
> different folders before it crashes on me, I can't pin down the relevant
> infoPtr.

Then you will perhaps have to make sense of the in-memory structure right before
the corruption address.
Or perhaps add full logging for all related memory allocations (and check whether
they're relevant by comparing the address in the log with the corruption address,
i.e. whether you managed to log relevant allocations).

Andreas