[Wine]Softlinking to a dvd-drive with inconsistent mount points? => HAL-Support

Jesse Allen the3dfxdude at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 16:53:45 CDT 2005

On 8/27/05, wino at piments.com <wino at piments.com> wrote:

> Your Amiga example is fine, asking for the second of a pair of production
> disks by name is helpful and the critisism of win2k not finding the CD in
> F: is valid. But all that has nothing to do creating rediculous pathnames
> which will inevitably not fit into any message box or space allowed for
> file name display. You will end up having to scroll around , resize
> everything and even then you will probably be missing the filename cos it
> got chopped off.

Well, I see no point of naming a mount point the label of the disk, when an
installer can just look at the label when a disk is inserted for automatic
detection anyways! So we are talking about how well an installer is written.
Having these mount points do not improve the usability of the installer.