[BUG1001]: please update comments

Tony Lambregts tony.lambregts at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 01:06:01 CDT 2005

Vijay Kiran Kamuju wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am getting the following error,
>
> Not allowed  You tried to change the short_desc field from Define macros
> STATUS_ENDPOINT_CLOSED, STATUS_DISCONNECTED and STATUS_NONEXISTENT_NET_NAME
> to Define macros STATUS_ENDPOINT_CLOSED, STATUS_DISCONNECTED, but only the
> owner or submitter of the bug, or a sufficiently empowered user, may change
> that field.
>
> and one more thing, i can only see the leave as new near the commit button.
>
> Thanks you, Vijay

There was cr/lf in this field (which I removed). So that's somewhat reasonable
if you were in the field short_desc (Summary:) at least once before you hit the
commit button (perhaps even if you were not). Since you _were_ _not_ a member of
either group it gave you the error message. ( You are now..<g>)

So at this point the following questions

1. Did you really try to edit this field?
2. Did you enter this field?
3. Which browser are you using?

By the way... Are there any other new developers who would like the ability to
edit bugs? Just give me an email and I will gladly empower you!

--

Tony Lambregts