wined3d - d3d9 regression testing 7_12_2005

Oliver Stieber oliver_stieber at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 30 19:59:45 CDT 2005

--- Jesse Allen <the3dfxdude at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/28/05, Ann & Jason Edmeades <us at edmeades.me.uk> wrote:
> > Out of interest, does reversing this patch fix the wc3 fonts - If I recall
> > correctly if was the glTranslate calls which originally made the wc3 fonts
> > look correct, and I noticed in one of the patches Oliver changed them. He's
> > probably right, but just in case its worth a test
> >
> > Try changing
> > glTranslatef(0.9 / This->stateBlock->viewport.Width, -0.9 /
> > This->stateBlock->viewport.Height, 0);

> > glTranslatef(1.0/This->stateBlock->viewport.Width,
> > -1.0/This->stateBlock->viewport.Height, 0);
> >
> > in drawprim.c
The change make more of the games I tested closer to perfect, it doesn't fix all the problems
though. The problems it doesn't fix are probably render to texture related.

> > Jason
> >

> I did went ahead and tried Battlefield again with this change, but
> they are still blocks.

Can you send me a screen shot, there's a known 'blocks' problem with some textures and the
glTranslatef is really easy to spot from a screen shot, it could be that your missing some fonts
and that should look nothing like the other two....
Anyhow, a screen shot should help to clarify what's going on and the possible solution.