wine20050830 - is quite fast

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Tue Aug 30 09:10:06 CDT 2005

> previous it took 3-4 minutes to show the application in wine20050725,
> but the latest has reduced to less than a min.
> even in managed mode its faster.

What application is it? Do you see times of that order for everything? I run
visual studio compiler under wine and the performance is pretty much
comparable to a native windows run. Starting up an IDE for Zilog's
microcontrollers under wine is also pretty much on par with starting up say
native kdevelop, and certainly faster than starting native oowriter :)

Cheers, Kuba