DBGRID32.OCX fix - RFC

Alex Villací­s Lasso a_villacis at palosanto.com
Fri Dec 2 11:58:54 CST 2005

Robert Shearman wrote:

> What hRefType is passed to the function? I don't think the above is
> quite correct. Can you try changing the if statement to something like
> this:
>
>    if (hRefType == -1 &&
>     (This->TypeAttr.typekind   == TKIND_DISPATCH) &&
>     (This->TypeAttr.wTypeFlags &
> (TYPEFLAG_FDUAL|TYPEFLAG_FDISPATCHABLE)))

That would not keep the app from crashing. For the case of DBGRID32.OCX,
hRefType is systematically == 19, and it says so in the ERR message just
before the crash. However, on a second look, maybe the problem is not
that the function performs the wrong action, but that it returns the
wrong value (E_FAIL, should be TYPE_E_ELEMENTNOTFOUND). I have to check
this alternate theory on my home machine.

Alex Villacís Lasso