wine alsa impelmentation

Tomas Carnecky tom at dbservice.com
Sat Dec 3 13:44:14 CST 2005

I have a Envy24PT sound chip, without hardware mixing, so I had to setup
dmix (in ~/.asoundrc). That works fine when I try to play two sound
files with any combination of mplayer, alsaplayer and mpg123). But when
I start any of those a then wine, I get this:

ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:788:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to create IPC shm
instance

and I get no sound.

If I start wine first and then mplayer I get this:

pcm_params.c:187: snd_pcm_hw_param_get_min: Assertion
`!snd_interval_empty(i)' failed.

In which way does the wine alsa implementation differ from the one of
mplayer, alsaplayer or mpg123? Or what could cause this problem..

Also I get lots of

fixme:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne problem with underrun detection (mixlen=16384
< primary_done=21168)

err:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne underrun on sound buffer 0x55952bf8

err:wave:wodPlayer_ProcessMessages pcm_pause failed: Input/output error

and rarely

fixme:wave:ALSA_AddRingMessage two fast messages in the queue!!!! toget
= 11(WINE_WM_RESTARTING), tosave=12(UNKNOWN(0x00000000))

messages. How can I improve my sound quality?

My asoundrc is in the attachment.

thanks
tom