DirectDraw over Direct3D

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Mon Dec 5 01:17:38 CST 2005

Am Montag, 5. Dezember 2005 07:48 schrieb Roderick Colenbrander:
> The patch can make TA a lot faster the problem is that the game crashes
> because it becomes multithreaded. Command&Conquer (which crashes when you
> move the mouse) felt a lot faster, further StarCraft is a lot faster too.
> When the multithreading issue is over TA will most likely be playable on
> your system.
I am working on a patch which makes Direct3D7 running over WineD3D. When
WineD3D has multithreading support one day and my patch is in place, these
problems should be solved for D3D7 games like Empire Earth and DDraw games
running with your patch.

I hope I can come up with a patch for testing this week, then we can have a
look ;)