wglGetPixelFormatAttribivARB unexpected RenderType(100)

Raphael fenix at club-internet.fr
Mon Dec 5 14:55:17 CST 2005

On Monday 05 December 2005 19:36, Toan T Nguyen wrote:
> Thanks very much. It works. There's a small probelm worth mentioning
> however: Q2E requires 32 color bits, 24bits depth, 8bits stencils. The
> ATI binary driver supports 24bits only. In wine-0.9.2, somehow
> wglGetPixelFormat returns 32 color bits but the current patch returns
> 24 only. I easily modified q2e to accept both 24bits and 32bits in
> Linux. Other programs might not be happy.

WGL_COLOR_BITS_ARB cannot be 32 (was a bug i have corrected recently)
see http://www.nvidia.com/dev_content/nvopenglspecs/WGL_ARB_pixel_format.txt

  WGL_COLOR_BITS_ARB
   *     The number of color bitplanes in each color buffer. For RGBA
   *     pixel types, it is the size of the color buffer, excluding the
   *     alpha bitplanes. For color-index pixels, it is the size of the
   *     color index buffer.

So for 32 bits FBConfig, it should be 24 (8 bits per RGB channels) + 8 for
Alpha channel

If Q2E expect 32 bits for WGL_COLOR_BITS_ARB its a bug :)

And 24 bits limitation is a X limitation (X display cannot support
alpha-channel) not an ATI limitation.
Anyway, 24 bits displays usually support 32 bits using GLX :)

> Toan

Regards,
Raphael