DirectDraw over Direct3D

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Mon Dec 5 15:33:44 CST 2005

> How about moving the current 2D code to WineD3D, and making DDraw running over
> WineD3D in any case. Then WineD3D could decide wether to use plain X11, DGA
> or OpenGL for 2D rendering. :)

That basically bows down to have WineD3D completely replace the 'HAL'
architecture which was introduced by the TG merge.

Which is kinda an idea that I like :-)

> Maybe we should have a close look at the details of such a thing. I do not
> really recommend a ad-hoc attemt, as d3d7->WineD3D was nearly too much.

Well, we can first stabilize D3D7 => WineD3D (which will already be quite a
lot of work to first do and then polish) and then see if we move the 2D part
too.

And then we will need to rename it to something else ... if not merge it
integrally into the X11DRV so that other DLLs (like the new Vista ones :-) )
would be able to do 3D accelerations :-)

       Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/