DirectDraw over Direct3D

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Mon Dec 5 15:43:32 CST 2005

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 10:22:23PM +0100, Peter Beutner wrote:
> Isn't indirect rendering always unaccelerated, i.e. done in software?

Nope. Indirect means only that all your OpenGL commands are encapsuled into
GLX commands and then serialized over the X network link (which could be a
local Unix socket) and deserialized at the other side before being sent to
the graphic card.

It may well be that no current Linux GL drivers support accelerated indirect
rendring (although I think that the NVIDIA drivers support it - would verify
it if I had GL installed on my head-less server box) and you may be right in
the current situation if not in the terms to use to describe it :-)

         Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/