advapi32: RegCreateKeyEx fix.

Rein Klazes wijn at wanadoo.nl
Tue Dec 6 05:28:13 CST 2005

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 19:29:38 +0000, you wrote:

>On 12/5/05, Rein Klazes <wijn at wanadoo.nl> wrote:
>>
>> On Win9x,ME RegCreateKeyEx ignores the backslash character if the subkey
>> begins with one. With a regression test.
>>

>Note that I'm not against this being committed, but another test you
>could add is for the comment,
>
>/* win9x,ME ignores one (and only one) beginning backslash */
>
>the (and only one) part.  You could use the same test as the one you
>added, but with two backslashes prepended and see if it fails.  I
>haven't tested this myself (I only have > NT) but I'm curious if only
>one beginning backslash is ignored.

I did test that and mentioned the (and only one) part, because that is
not what I read on MSDN: "beginning backslash characters ... are
ignored".

I didn't think it was really needed to add the test to the suite, it is
already a win9x exception, the cases of multiple backslash characters
was never broken in the first place.

Rein.