OpenGL regression

Raphael fenix at club-internet.fr
Thu Dec 8 17:26:43 CST 2005

On Thursday 08 December 2005 21:59, Willie Sippel wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 8. Dezember 2005 21:37 schrieb Stefan Dösinger:
> > Hello,
> > I've just noticed that the opengl render_texture patch caused a
> > regression with Counter Strike 1.6 and Mesa(radeon driver and software
> > only) rendering.
>
> I noticed a similar error, probably also related to that patch - tested
> DAZ| Studio 1.0.1, latest Nvidia drivers, on a Quadro FX3000. Already filed
> a bug report (#4016):
> [...]
> trace:opengl:wglCreateContext  creating context 0x5595c2c8 (GL context
> creation delayed)
> trace:opengl:wglShareLists (0x5593a820, 0x5595c2c8)
> trace:opengl:wglShareLists  created a delayed OpenGL context (0x7c2b27a0)
> for Wine context 0x5593a820
> trace:opengl:wglShareLists  created a delayed OpenGL context (0x7c4cea50)
> for Wine context 0x5595c2c8 sharing lists with OpenGL ctx 0x7c2b27a0
> trace:opengl:wglGetCurrentContext ()
> trace:opengl:wglGetCurrentContext  returning (nil) (GL context (nil))
> trace:opengl:wglMakeCurrent (0x2e38,0x5595c2c8)
> trace:opengl:wglMakeCurrent  make current for dis 0x7c02b698, drawable
> 0x300000c, ctx 0x7c4cea50
> X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  128 (GLX)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
>   Serial number of failed request:  7093
>
> > Stefan
>
> Ciao,
> Willie

No it's not the same:
Stefan crash on glXQueryDrawable while you fail on glXMakeCurrent

I can say you crash is normal as i haven't fixed wglShareLists delayed context
creation yet (as i have done on wglMakeCurrent). I must to share this code
(delayed creation) on a static utility function

For Stefan problem i don't understand how it can fail :(

Regards,
Raphael