OLE without TLS libraries

Cihan Altinay cihan at uq.edu.au
Thu Dec 8 19:06:32 CST 2005

Quoting Marcus Meissner <marcus at jet.franken.de>:

> On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 12:35:32PM +1000, Cihan Altinay wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > having a Xen system my Linux tls library path is not
> > in place (renamed to /lib/tls.disabled).
> > When I run a program that uses OLE/DCOM (with native
> > ole libraries) it crashes immediately. Using
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib/tls.disabled wine program
> > makes it work again.
> > I am not sure if this is true for all OLE apps.
> >
> > Is this known/expected behaviour or a bug?
>
> Do you have a backtrace of the crash or similar?

Just wanted to create one with the latest CVS but it seems
it was fixed some days ago. I investigated a bit and to my
surprise the problem was in x11drv which was patched
2005-12-06.
We had that problem since weeks and were "happy" with the
library path solution until I thought I might ask here. So
it was quite a surprise that it was fixed just now :-)

Thanks anyway,
Cihan