LoadImage (4bpp) / CopyImage() crashing

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Fri Dec 9 16:47:12 CST 2005

Friday, December 9, 2005, 3:12:23 PM, Cyril Margorin wrote:
> Hello,

> Could anyone tell me, why function CopyImage uses
> GetBitmapBits/SetBitmapBits, while MSDN marks these function as
> absolete?

Because what MSDN says doesn't really mean it's the same on Wine. But my
guess would be that it's been implemented that way and no one changed it.

> I've tried to move from GetBitmapBits/SetBitmapBits to
> GetDIBits/SetDIBits. It seems to me that this way is correct, if keep
> in mind, that GetBitmapBits is wrong.
>
> In attachment you may find a patch for it.

Please use unified format from the to of the tree. (looks like you beat
me to it).

But your patch looks like 10x more then what was there before.
Also you are using CreateDCW which a really heavy function IMHO for what
you need. Why don't use GetDC(0)?