Battlefield 1942 and the radeon driver

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Sat Dec 10 16:39:43 CST 2005

Hello,
Did anyone of here get Battlefield 1942 with the radeon driver going? I just
tried with X.org 7.0-rc3, and the game blocks at the loading screen with ~65%
sys cpu usage and ~35% cpu idle. This happens with the current CVS version,
as well as with Olivers d3d8 patch.

I guess it's a driver bug. It works sort of with the fglrx driver, but this
driver is horrible. Any suggestions how to debug this? A +d3d log shows that
the program is doing almost normal rendering. Other directx games also work
fine.

Stefan