MB_USEGLYPHCHARS glyph table

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Sun Dec 11 19:16:28 CST 2005

Willie Sippel wrote:

> I just tried to find out why Poser won't display any fonts (no luck, BTW),
> when I noticed the obviously quite common "MB_USEGLYPHCHARS not supported"
> fixme. I don't know if it's related to the missing fonts thing, so I googled
> a little. In case someone wants to implement this (the unicode stuff is _way_
> over my head), I found this description and a glyph table - there seems to be
> next to know useful info on MB_USEGLYPHCHARS on MSDN, so maybe it helps:
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/michkap/archive/2005/02/26/381020.aspx

Maybe you could write a test case for it?  Seems like you'd just call
WideCharToMultiByte on a WCHAR string like { 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 }, then
check the output for the cases that MB_USEGLYPHCHARS is specified and
isn't.  The output strings should be different.  Perhaps try it on a few
different code pages?

Mike