CoCreateInstance not working without TLS libraries

Cihan Altinay cihan at uq.edu.au
Thu Dec 15 17:41:01 CST 2005

Quoting Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org>:

> Cihan Altinay <cihan at uq.edu.au> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> > A very basic C++ program fails with
> >
> > err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7f64c560 "x11drv_main.c:
> > X11DRV_CritSection" wait timed out in thread 001c, blocked by 001e,
> retrying (60
> > sec)
> >
> > when the Linux TLS libraries are not in the library path (it works fine
> > otherwise).
>
> Non-TLS libraries in recent glibc versions are not compatible with
> Wine. What are you trying to do that requires not using TLS?

Thanks for the info. I am running a Xen[1] system which currently has to
emulate unsupported lib/tls library calls. And that makes the system very
slow. Therefore, the Xen maintainers strictly recommend moving the /lib/tls
folder out of the way. Everything seems to work fine except wine apps that
use OLE.
Do you think the dependency of wine on TLS will stay in future versions?

Thanks,
Cihan

[1] http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/