ntdll: Implement few Dbg* functions.

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at wanadoo.fr
Mon Dec 19 01:52:13 CST 2005

Vitaliy Margolen wrote:
> Sunday, December 18, 2005, 2:06:55 PM, Eric Pouech wrote:
>
>>>The problem here is that we need handle to the debug object which we
>>>don't have and don't have. And I haven't found how to get a handle to it
>>>either.
>>
>>NtCreateDebugObject
>>we already have a context object (for debugger) in server, it shouldn't
>>be too hard to implement it that way.
>

> Well sure but how to open an existent one?
why would you need it ? I assume kernel32 (or the caller) stores this
handle as a global variable (or in the PEB...)

> To stop/detach debugger?
NtDebugActiveProcess
NtRemoveProcessDebug

 > And
> what I meant is that what ever we do inside is a Wine's thing anyway. The
> functions I used seemed more suited to be called from kernel32. As well
> as the names "Ui" suggest. Which I take means "User Interface".
IMO, the Ui ones seem to be rather old (NT4 or something) whereas the
ones I'm talking about are more recent (XP), but seem better defined
(API wise). For example, only XP version seems to provide the wait for
debug object and continue APIs. That's why it seems to me more
interesting to me that we move to the XP flavor.
A+

--
Eric Pouech