Testing WideCharToMultiByte

Bill Medland billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
Tue Dec 20 14:01:50 CST 2005

Has anyone ever done a proper investigation into the edges of
WideCharToMultiByte?  I was quite surprised to see that given
how important it is there is no test for it (or am I blind?)

I am investigating a potential off-by-one in msi and want to know
very exactly what is supposed to happen in the edge cases (e.g.
specifying a length of 0 or a length that does not actually
include a terminating null character or ...).

If no-one else is involved then I am prepared to do a little
investigation and write the tests but I guess we don't want to
start adding tests like that at this late stage, or do we?

--
Bill Medland
mailto:billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
http://webhome.idirect.com/~kbmed