has the LGPL licence fell through ?

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Wed Dec 21 03:03:30 CST 2005

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 07:48:09AM +0000, Aric Cyr wrote:
> Seeing that SpecOps Labs history of ignoring Wine developers extends for more
> than a year, then yes I can agree with that.
Yup, there has been more silence than anything else.

> According to their Partners' page, IBM and Turbolinux and a few others seem to
> be footing the bill.  I'm sure a well written email to either of those places
> would get a real response, and probably apply due pressure on SpecOps Labs.
Oh, now that's "interesting".
Especially given that IBM's usual stance about Wine is often said to be...
umm... let's say "mildly sceptical".

But since the "Partners" text already mentions that it is an IBM Philippines
cooperation, this seems to imply that the corporation's left hand doesn't
know what the right hand is doing (yet! this might change in the
future... Hello SpecOpsLabs!).

Oh well...

Andreas Mohr