[bug 4004] MenuItemInfo vs GetMenuString - Try 2

Ann & Jason Edmeades us at edmeades.me.uk
Mon Dec 26 15:50:54 CST 2005

>I attach it here now (bzip2'ed for once because of its size). Before
>submitting to wine-patches,  I need some time to review the code once
>more for remnants of old way of thinking and to get rid of the
>IS_xxxx_ITEM macro's ( or rename them to reflect the true intention).

Glancing through the patch, I see what you are trying to do, and some
comments (and remember this is just from a glance so far)

1. I'm not sure the MENU_SetItemData for the ownerdraw case is correct as it
doesn't actually take a copy of the data, it saves the pointer. I'm pretty
sure Windows would take a copy (It does when inserting). In fact the
ownerdraw code doesn't set text, just dwitemdata in this routine

2. SetMenuItemInfo_common, In the MIIM_TYPE case for ownerdraw - You would
lose the dwtypedata value for ownerdraw with text

3. Unrelated but just spotted, GetMenuItemInfo_common doesn't return
dwTypeData for ownerdraw what TYPE is used, can we add a test to confirm
that?

>You tests from 4004.patch2 are included. I just removed the todo_wine{}
>which is a probably a good sign.

Yeah, the todo was a condition I didn't really care about at the time, but
fixing it is good :-)

Thanks
Jason