What operating systems will Winelib run on non-x86 systems?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Dec 31 11:17:46 CST 2005

Hi Wei Li,
last year, you asked in
http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-users/2004/06/0086.html
> I could not find the info regarding what operating systems > (such as AIX 5L v5.2, HP-UX 11i, Solaris Release Level > 9) will Winelib run on non-x86 machines. I'll really
> appreciate it if someone can provide my related link or
> info. I can only find the following link regarding the
> supporting OS but it does not provide Winelib's supporting
> OS info:
> http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wine-faq/index 3.1.
> Under what hardware
> platform(s) and operating system(s) will Wine(Lib) run?

I'm sorry nobody got back to you -- the wine-devel
mailing list might have been a better place to ask.
I believe winelib runs on the following non-x86 operating
systems: Linux, Solaris, Mac OS X, and FreeBSD.
There's no reason in principle it couldn't run on AIX or HP/UX.
Some work has been done on an HP/UX port, but some
assembly would be required to complete it:
http://www.winehq.com/site/?issue=241#HP-UX%20Port

Cheers,
Dan