NPTL and Wine threads

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Tue Feb 1 04:12:58 CST 2005

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 08:28:53PM -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:

> Luke wrote:
> > it's come to my attention that NPTL cannot cope with jumping out
> > of a cancellation handler.
>
> Tough noogies, as it were. See

 it'll bother me later but for now it doesn't :)

> > there is some code in FreeDCE which expects to be able to jump out
> > of a cancellation handler
>
> Then FreeDCE should be fixed to be POSIX-compliant, I think.
> Or is there something subtle going on here?

 the behaviour of LinuxThreads is different from NPTL.

 therefore, given that this cancellation thing matters for dce
 applications (the runtime relies on it being possible) i thought
 you might wish to be aware of this subtle difference in case
 Wine MSRPC or other applications also rely on it.

 that's all - nothing more.

 l.