DLL Load Question: Please Help!

Sergey Efimoff risky at mail.ru
Tue Feb 1 13:53:39 CST 2005

On Feb 1, 2005, at 9:04 PM, Bill Medland wrote:

>> I have windows binary-only, third-party .DLL library without any
>> source
>> files.
>> I would like to use it in my unix-based project, which is compiled
>> with
>> usual GNU C compiler. Wine documentation says Wine is able to load
>> external .DLLs, but does not explain how to implement such ability in
>> userland
>
> (Unless things have changed without me noticing)
> You are going to have to investigate WineLib.  You can't simply link
> Wine into
> an existing unix executable,  Because of some low level stuff Wine has
> to be
> the main process.

Unfortunately, I cannot use Wine as a main process (did you mean the
stuff
which is now made by preloader?). My project is a complex
multi-threaded application,
and the DLL mentioned above is to be only the small part of it. If I
had to use
this DLL in a simple application, I would certainly used Wine as the
main process.

So, is it unreal to use windows DLL as a child instance? By any means?

Bye.