Graphical debugging instead of winedbg

Ann and Jason Edmeades us at the-edmeades.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 3 12:34:24 CST 2005

Hi

I was trying to get a gui replacement for winedbg as I can never remember
how to view memory etc, and saw
http://www.winehq.com/site/docs/wine-devel/dbg-others
where it talks about using kdbg. I was looking at a simple trap and thought
it ideal to test with....

So...

1. Winedbg:
I can get to the trap by winedbg program.exe, cont, and it stops and
displays everything ok

2. KDBG: I launch winedbg --gdb --no-start program.exe, and it starts and
issues the line target remote localhost:32835

I then issue kdbg -r localhost:32835 /usr/local/bin/wine-pthread and get a
popup stating "Sorry - KDbg, gdb: Using host libthread_db library
"/lib/tls/libthread_db.co.1" with an ok button

I click the ok button and the console I launched winedbg in issues various
messages about "loads DLL c:\windows\system\user32 etc etc and eventually
exception code=0x80000003 but nothing ever happens to the GUI

Note this is with cvs and Mandrake 10 if it makes any difference.

How do I get the gui support working?

3. Can we use msdev.exe or windbg.exe to debug under wine yet, now the
dbghelp is more functional? (I haven't tried for a long time)

Regards,
Jason