[user32/tests/sysparams.c] Add an extra trace

Paul Vriens Paul.Vriens at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 4 03:28:05 CST 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 09:58, Paul Vriens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> winrash just ran on my win98 box and the sysparams test didn't complain
> about SPI_GETICONTITLEWRAP not being implemented. If I however run the
> test manually (with an extra trace) win98 tells me it's not
> implemented!!
>
> So to have some more input about this, I added an extra trace. It could
> be that ERROR_INVALID_SPI_VALUE has something to do with this.
>
> Changelog
>     extra tracing for SPI_GETICONTITLEWRAP
>
> Cheers,
>
> Paul
This needs more investigation. Some extra testing showed that LastError
is not always set by the calls (all?).
I added traces to all the calls and suddenly nothing was implemented
anymore. Then I added a SetLastError(0) before every call and the output
was totally different again. The only thing not implemented anymore on
my win98 box was SystemParametersInfoW.

So what's the best approach:

- add a SetLastError(0) in every test-routine before we do something?
- add a trace after each SystemParametersInfo call?
- find out which call sets LastError and which calls don't?

Cheers,

Paul.