IDC_RIGHT, IDC_CENTER not defined ?

Shachar Shemesh linux-il at shemesh.biz
Wed Feb 9 03:43:12 CST 2005

George Ginden wrote:

> George Ginden ha scritto:
>
>> OK I'm trying to implement text alignment in the edit control.
>> Now, one question how do I know (in the EDIT_WM_NCCreate for example)
>> if the text alignment has been requested by the programmer ?
>

> Nevermind, I've figured it out. Now I need to set the "caret" position
> within the edit control...
> Something which converts x,y coords to the column would be cool...
> Eg: text is at x offset, and the cursor position should be updated as
> well...
> EDIT_SetCaretPosition  at x, y ...
>
> Regards.

If you use "GetCharacterPlacement"
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/gdi/fontext_4l84.asp),
you will get the following:
1. A list of pixel offsets for each character.
2. Caret position.
3. For future BiDi support - logical to visual mapping. I.e. - the next
character logically is three characters down visually.

Please consider using it, so as my task (when I finally get to it, sigh)
will be easier.

          Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh