Broken cross-build, again.

Paul Millar paulm at astro.gla.ac.uk
Wed Feb 9 11:42:18 CST 2005

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 16:57, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
> In the first round winetest runs all the individual test
> executables to find out the names of subtests they contain.
> In case of a failure it obiously has no way to run those
> tests, so they are skipped.  You have the freedom the run
> the problematic executables manually and find out more.

To me it seems silly to blanket accept broken programs.  Known
exclusions could be catered for such as ntdll tests on a W95 box
(those fail, right?) either client-side (i.e. within winetest.exe) or
server-side.

The current situation supposes that the person debugging the problem
has access to the Win box that generated the fault, and so can
recreate the problem by running the original xxx_test.exe executable.

By reporting back the error, someone can fix it without needing the
specific version of Win98 that demonstrated the error.

Paul
(just my 2 euro-cent worth ;^)