winetest on wine and todo_wine

Paul Vriens Paul.Vriens at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 10 14:00:44 CST 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 20:36, Mike Hearn wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 20:13:21 +0100, Paul Vriens wrote:
> > These tests are executed! Any ideas what could be wrong?
> >
> > If I execute the tests on my Wine box the tests are skipped.
>
> You misunderstood what the meaning of todo_wine is - it doesn't mean
> "these tests aren't quite right yet", it means "wine is buggy in this
> place". So yes the tests will run on Windows because it's assumed that
> every test case proves some fact about the way Windows works. Todo_wine
> just stops the test suite complaining if Wine is known to be buggy.
>
> thanks -mike

So todo_wine skips the tests on Wine, yes. That's my point.

The link is was referring to was a test on Wine.

If I run the shlwapi/shreg tests on Wine I get:

[paul at penguin tests]$ ../../../tools/runtest -v -P wine -M shlwapi.dll
-T ../../.. -p shlwapi_test.exe.so shreg.c && touch shreg.ok
shreg.c:97:sExplen1 = (12)
shreg.c:99:sExplen2 = (43)
shreg.c: 45 tests executed, 2 marked as todo, 0 failures.

which looks fine to me.

Why are these not skipped on:

http://test.winehq.org/data/200502101000/wine_98/shlwapi:shreg.txt

Cheers,