Compiling the MFC using Winelib

Geoff Hart ghart at siemens-emis.com
Sun Feb 13 10:39:25 CST 2005

Dimitrie O. Paun wrote:

>On Sat, Jan 22, 2005 at 01:19:35PM -0800, Dan Dennison wrote:
>

>>So as a service to the Wine community I plan to document the process of
>>building libmfc as part of my master's project. Although the MFC is not the
>>focus of this project, porting of it is a requirement for the package to
>>work using Winelib.
>>

>Cool, this would be very valuable indeed.

I agree.  Actually, we are doing this also.  I started with the work
done by Boaz Harrosh, and found
it helped a great deal (we also are using ATL, __uuidof, etc...).

In fact, I often wonder why his work (which is very impressive) was not
included in the base?  It would
seem ATL/MFC support is a very worthy addition to Wine.  Anyone care to
re-discuss why his patches
were rejected?

I would be willing to help resubmit them, but I'm not really familiar
with the path process.  Boaz himself
has always been very helpful, and a great source of information!

Geoff