World Of Warcraft

Oliver Stieber oliver_stieber at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 16 07:00:01 CST 2005

 --- Lionel Ulmer <lionel.ulmer at free.fr> wrote:
> > > ERROR #0 (0x85100000)
> > > Program:   C:\Program Files\World of
> Warcraft\WoW.exe
> > > File:
> C:\build\buildWoW\WoW\Source\Ui\MinimapFrame.cpp
> > > Line:   1287
> > > Expr:   !("CGMinimapFrame::Initialize(): can't
> get render target for
> > > minimap")
> >
> > Well, it would better if we have the source :)
> > But seems the game need Render On Texture support
> who is not supported by
> > current Wine OpenGL implementation as on windows
> is an WGL extension (and GLX
> > extensions mapping isn't done)
>
> Yeah, this must be linked to our lack of support for
> either 'render to
> texture' (which should come soon for GLX) or even
> basic PBuffer support (as
> I suppose that any well programmed application would
> support both
> possibilities).
>
> I started a long time ago to add PBuffer support to
> Wine's OpenGL layer but
> never finished (just went as far as sending the
> patch making it possible in
> the WGL extension handling, did not do any actual
> code).

ATI supports render to texture today. and OpenGL has
render to texture as part of the spec.

I'm going to be taking a look at the DirectX 9 render
to texture implementation as soon as I've merged
DirectX 9 with head, so I'll see if there's anything
that could be used in OpenGL/ WGL.

I'm just freeing some HDD, so that I can do a make
clean, build with the DirectX 9 patches, so expect to
see something today.