SCons, Wine, and Winelib

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Wed Feb 16 17:41:22 CST 2005

Ok, currently Winelib relies on GNU autoconf, makefiles and friends to
get a working app.  This is a bit difficult, particularly if you're not
very good with makefiles (I'm attempting to learn them from scratch in
order to port an application.)

I just heard about the SCons project, which from what I can tell looks
like it aims to be a replacement to the makefiles.  Has anyone used
this?

http://www.scons.org/

I bring this up because it might be easier on developers to have
something like Winemaker create a SCons script, rather than rely on the
user to piddle around with autoconf and hacking up makefiles.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie
Usability-developer-wannabe-extrordinaire