World Of Warcraft

Oliver Stieber oliver_stieber at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 16 17:59:55 CST 2005

___________________

> > ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger - all new features - even
> more fun! http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com
>
> Wow...it works!  Kind of.  First thing I'd like to
> point out is that your patch doesn't add the new
> stuff (d3dx9 and wineguid) to the configure script,
> only to the configure.ac.  That caused a little
> problem for me since I didn't autoconf it, but was
> easily fixed.  Compilation went perfectly and, then
> the fun began.

opps.
> Upon loading, it shows the usual intro screen.
> Unfortunately, there's no textures yet (as you've
> mentioned).  It still runs though, and I can kind of
> make stuff out.
The lack of shaders may be causing texture problems.

> When I began to load my character,
> it crashed at the same place that the opengl version
> crashed!  It gave me this error:
>

> err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section
> 0x3ada001c "?" wait timed out in thread 000f,
> blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)
> err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section
> 0x3ae7f90c "DSOUND_mixlock" wait timed out in thread
> 0012, blocked by 000f, retrying (60 sec)
> err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section
> 0x3ada001c "?" wait timed out in thread 0025,
> blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)

That a problem with mmtimer/dsound it's been giving me
no end of grief.

The CriticalSection, of semephore or something is
getting corrupt and the semephore isn't being released
properly causing a dead lock.

I've been trying to stabalise DirectX 9 and havn't
looked much deaper into the fault.

Try changing to alsa with hardware emmulation, it's
bad and you'll probably loose sound and have mmtimer
eat your CPU but it's better than a deadlock.

> I tried to get something more complete (traces and
> whatnot), but it seems that my wine has compiled
> without --debugmsg for some reason.  I'll see if I
> can fix that at some point.
>

> Next thing I noticed was that it crashes on exit,
> just like cedega does (I don't care what anyone
> says, tg did NOT fix it in the new release and I'm
> still pissed at them for sucking).  Here's the error
> message for that:
>
> ERROR #0 (0x85100000)
> Program:	H:\.wine\drive_c\Program Files\World of
> Warcraft\WoW.exe
> File:

C:\build\buildWoW\ENGINE\Source\gx\CGxDeviceD3d\CGxD3dDevice.cpp
> Line:	614
> Expr:	newRefCount == 0

This looks like a reference counting problem on exit,
I've got some more work to do in that area, as part of
getting being able to reset the device.