[shell32tests/shelllink.c] Use aliases for ordinals

Rolf Kalbermatter rolf.kalbermatter at cit.be
Wed Feb 16 07:31:26 CST 2005

Francois Gouget wrote:

>Ok, that would be a good reason.
>There's something I don't understand though: when I compile the test
>before your changes with Visual C++ 6.0 it compiles just fine but it
>turns out the resulting executable imports these three APIs by ordinal.

It all depends on the SDK you have installed. The Windows DLLs always
exported
those functions by ordinal since about Win95. The very early SDKs for
Win95
included those APIs in the import libraries so calling them in an app
would
link fine. Then MS removed all undocumented APIs from their release SDK
import
libs. Later after the court case they documented most of those formely
undocumented APIs and also included them back into the next SDK release.

>Is this something that MinGW can / should do too?

Yes MinGW libraries should probably include those APIs as well in their
link libraries if they want to be compatible with the current SDK.

>And for the Winelib side of things, is this something that winebuild
can do?

With proper definition in Wines spec files this should be no problem at
all.

Rolf Kalbermatter