SCons, Wine, and Winelib

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Feb 17 15:26:47 CST 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005, Scott Ritchie wrote:
[...]
> Today, that developer has to first port his project to MinGW (a very
> non-trivial step)

Not true. I know this is what Dimitrie recommends but it's absolutely
not necessary to first port to MinGW. You can run winemaker directly on
your sources and try to get them to compile and run with nothing but
Winelib.

> and then hack around and fix the bad and broken makefiles winemaker
> generates.

Yes, I known. winemaker needs to be modified to understand .dsp files
and use the information it finds there. Then the makefiles it generates
will no longer be 'bad and broken'.

      We are Pentium of Borg. You will be approximated. Division is futile.