Halflife II

Roderick Colenbrander thunderbird2k at gmx.net
Fri Feb 18 08:16:21 CST 2005

Did some more experiments and the game is also playable! The issue regarding
the menu is that some font isn't showing up, the same problem appears in the
halflife2 console. After some fiddling I loaded a save game from the hl2
console and it loaded the game.

For a screenshot check http://roderick.student.utwente.nl/hl2-2.png

Haven't looked at the performance yet, it is not slow guess 20-30fps or more.
Note that this is using a radeon9000Mobility and further options like
-dxlevel 50/60/70/80/90 might help tweaking performance in hl2. Further I
don't know how fast/slow this game is on windows.

Roderick