World Of Warcraft

Alex Woods wine-devel at giblets.org
Sun Feb 20 05:55:01 CST 2005

On Sun, Feb 20, 2005 at 11:29:51AM +0100, Lionel Ulmer wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 06:36:31PM +0000, Alex Woods wrote:
> > Hopefully this is enough to be relevant.  128x128 certainly sounds about
> > the right size for a minimap.  Let me know if you need more of the
> > output, or if there is anything you want me to take a look at.  I'm
> > going to be playing with it anyway to see if I can get anywhere.  Not
> > that I've any real experience with the wine codebase or OpenGl ;)
>
> Well, I think the best would be to have a +relay,+tid,+opengl trace
> (compressed of course :-) ) attached to the bug report.
>
> This way I can see if ever it tries to find for extensions that we do not
> support in the WGL extension string (if it uses standard string functions to
> search in it that is).
>
> The problem here is that with that code snipped, I do not really know what
> goes wrong (as none of these GL functions return any error).

After some going through the first log I realised that the required
stuff must be missing from it, so I tried to get a trace with more
logging.  Unfortunately, running with +relay slows things down so much
that the server disconnects before I can get into the game, so it
doesn't get to the crash.  Is there some log level that will print out
the GL extension bits without all the other relay logging?

> And if the log does not help, we can just cheat and say that we support
> PBuffers and / or Render to Texture, implement stubs for those functions,
> and see if the game goes further :-)

I'd be happy to have a go at this.  I could do with pointing to some
docs on the functions though (is this the entirity of PBuffers?:
http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ogl-sample/registry/SGIX/pbuffer.txt).
What sort of work is involved in actually implementing these functions?
I guess it's not just a case of passing through like the bulk of the
opengl functions or they'd be done already.

Cheers.

--
Alex