Patch 16182 causes a regression in IrfanView and Textpad

Hans Leidekker hans at it.vu.nl
Sun Feb 20 14:55:45 CST 2005

On Sunday 20 February 2005 19:18, you wrote:

> This is the second report of regressions caused by that patch. Hans, what
> motivated it originally? I'm not sure what harm there is in exporting
> entry points by name.

I already sent a patch (as did Lauri Tulmin) that reverses
the incorrect changes I did for the Drag* functions.

In general we should not export by name when some (usually
older) native version of the DLL doesn't, because a binary
linked against our import lib will fail to link against such
a DLL at runtime.

 -Hans