World Of Warcraft

Alex Woods wine-devel at giblets.org
Wed Feb 23 03:26:25 CST 2005

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 10:03:56AM +0100, Raphael wrote:
> > It looks as though it's the Pbuffer stuff it is after.  Right after all
> > those wglGetProcAddress it does this:
> >
> > trace:opengl:wglCreatePbufferARB (0x7b8, 1, 1024, 1024, 0x55bdfc4c)
> > trace:opengl:wglGetPbufferDCARB ((nil))
> >
> > So I guess it could be setting up stuff for the minimap long before it
> > gets into the actual game.
>
> And it don't crash (we returns a NULL ptr!!) ?
>
> > Have you actually started on the Pbuffer code now Raphael?  If you have,
> > is there anything I can do to help?  At the very least I have a testbed
> > I suppose ;)
>
> only a better patch (attached)
> i don't think if it a valid way to do it (maybe an x11drv expert may look it)

I owe you a beer!

It works great.  No crash, and the minimap is there looking how I think
it should (don't have windows or cedega so it's the first time I've seen
inside the game properly).  Unfortunately, wine crashes out if I move
the mouse to another display.  so I can't take a screenshot for you :(
I'll take a look at that later when I've got more time.  The minimap
even works indoors (I think start rooms count as indoors), which is
apparently something that doesn't work in cedega in opengl mode ;)

There were a couple of compile warnings, but nothing to worry about:
wgl_ext.c: In function `wglCreatePbufferARB':
wgl_ext.c:335: warning: format argument is not a pointer (arg 5)
wgl_ext.c:312: warning: unused variable `bmp'
wgl_ext.c: At top level:
wgl_ext.c:218: warning: 'ConvertAttribGLXtoWGL' defined but not used.

--
Alex