unixfs.dll: shell namespace extension for the unix filesystem

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Wed Feb 23 07:52:11 CST 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:20:09 +0100, Michael Jung wrote:
> Currently, unixfs is registered as a virtual folder appearing directly at 'My
> Computer'. Winecfg uses SHBrowseForFolder, but it will also appear in
> open/save-as dialogs. Would this be ok?

Well exactly, I'm not sure we want it in the open/save dialogs, otherwise
if / is mapped anywhere the user will try and pick items from it, and

The right way to do this sort of stuff long term IMHO is to redesign the
open/save dialogs so they don't expose drive letters to the user at all,
and instead take the approach GTK+ has taken (home directory/device
oriented).

For now I'm not sure how to suppress it. Hmmm.