Problem using winelib to compile Std Lib strings

Rob D rddone at att.net
Fri Feb 25 09:35:54 CST 2005

Ive undertaken the task of converting 2 rather large Win32 applications
to run on Solaris 10.

I have managed to tweak nearly all of the files so they will compile
with wine after running winemaker.

The files I cant seem to compile are ones that use std string.

I get a few errors like the following:
error: ::div has not been declared
error: ::ldiv has not been declared

And tons about /usr/include/pthread.h like the following:
error: uintptr_t does not name a type
error: caddr_t has not been declared
error: caddr_t does not name a type
error: pthread_attr_t was not declared in this scope

The files in question have lines like the following:
#include <string>
using namespace std;

Ive tried including various additional header files like <sys/types.h>
and <dtrace/h>, with varying success, but still approx 200 errors when
trying to compile these files.

The error lines say they are from include/c++/3.4.2, so Im assuming
that it is using the 3.4.2 compiler as opposed to the 2.95 one also
installed on these machines.

The development Ive been tasked with will move several people off of
winblows machines and onto Solaris 10 if I can succeed, so it is even
more critical in my mind to get this to work.

Rob