While we're saying thanks, another thing that works is...

Holly Bostick motub at planet.nl
Fri Feb 25 12:55:24 CST 2005

... the Neverwinter Nights Toolset. Amazingly enough, after I had
followed a whole lot of very complex instructions in order to download
and compile some half-ancient version of WineX (3.3.2), patch it to
nwwine (which is the common name of the patched version that is supposed
to get the toolset working; it's in Portage and everything), and add
Registry entries and native dlls, it turned out that the toolset ran
'perfectly well' under regular old Wine 20050211 (and in fact not very
well under nwwine; couldn't use the menus, etc.).

My wine is all hacked together atm, so I'll have to do a clean install
to see if it needs anything special other than a couple of native dlls
(that it might not need, but I had installed them to the program folder
for nwwine) before attempting to add it to the appdb, but it definitely
works. I've added custom content to all 7 of the Original Campaign
modules using it (and the game is using the content properly, so it's
correctly added).

Oh, and by the way, thanks for the fix of the titlebars; it's really
really nice to have the same window decorations in Wine programs as on
the rest of the desktop. Just noticed it today (can't believe I didn't
before) and wanted to let you know I appreciate it.

Holly