OpenGL _client regression with ATI.

Oliver Stieber oliver_stieber at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 28 14:05:09 CST 2005

Hi, after the whole _client, _window changes for
VisualID's DirectX started displaying a bit of garbage
at the top of the screen, which I toughed was because
the window frames weren't taken into account in the
view-port.

This is sort of what's happening but it's worse.

When I'm using ATI's driver, the viewport comes up as
the whole screen, so as I move the window from the top
left of my desktop so the clipping changes.

It also affects non-DirectX stuff, e.g.  with a
desktop set in ~/.wine/config some windows come up
centred as if the whole screen is taken into account
and not just the desktop view, and sometimes a window
that should be a given size resizes to the whole
screen.

With mesa the openGL problems don't appear.

I haven't had any problems with any other openGL
applications so I can only assume that it's a problem
in wine.