Debugging mingw applications using wine

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jan 2 04:35:07 CST 2005

Bryce McKinlay a écrit :
> I'm trying to debug a windows .exe built with mingw using wine, but
> winedbg seems to have problems reading stabs from the mingw-built
> binary. My goal is to be able to debug a cross-compiled, native Java
> (GCJ) application, but even a simple C "hello world" seems to cause
> problems.
winedbg using the gdb won't work here because (likely on unix) gdb isn't
compiled with proper 'stabs in PE' support

you can either:
- use bare winedbg (without gdb support)
- recompile gdb with 'stabs in PE' support (ie the settings used when compiling
gdb under windows)

I tried your exe with latest cvs and it load just fine in winedbg (with and
without gdb support)

I don't know what the unknown stabs type are for. They aren't defined in latest
gdb (6.3), the only trace I found was for the MacOS/X but I doubt it concerns
your case.

A+