spy.c in debug output

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sun Jan 2 12:14:20 CST 2005

On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 04:47:41PM +0000, Mike Hearn wrote:
> Perhaps we could provide a Wine specific API and then an inline
> function that does a GetProcAddress on it, and if it's missing just passes
> the number straight through.

Right. A default implementation could be just:

wine_dbg_sprintf("%x", msg);

Anyway, it would be way cool if we could use the nice dumping
functions from spy.

We should be exporting a
   wine_dbg_msg_{enter,exit}()
that we could use them nicely in our window procs.

In fact, I don't think it's feasible to return a string
(the max buffer is probably not big enough), we should just
dump the output automagically to the correct channel, so maybe
a better name would be:
   wine_dbg_msg_{enter,exit}_dump()

Hmm, it needs a bit more thought, we also need a calling
macro to hide the channel business:
   TRACE_MSG_ENTER()/TRACE_MSG_EXIT()

--
Dimi.