Support for running Winelib apps directly

Boaz Harrosh boaz at moeg.org
Mon Jan 3 02:03:21 CST 2005

Vincent Béron wrote:

>Remove the loader script from Winelib apps. Winelib apps are still .so
>files, but they can be launched directly now.

We did try to keep up with what wineapploader and wine did to load a
fake-dll winelib app and all the spec.c magic that linked it all.
Could you please elaborate a bit on what has changed and how it is all
glued together? Is the embedded wineapploader Process reused for the
main process for easier debugging? Currently when you debug a winelib
app under GDB you cannot use wineapploader you need to use
wine-kthread/pthread directly, and disable execshild and friends all
together. Will that be at all possible now?

Do you think it can be easier now for a: let's call it Unix app, to
become a winelib application mid-flight. Lets say, when it wants to load
a PE plug in DLL. (The way of mono and that Audio program can't recall
the name). Could a UnixODBC (elf dynamic lib) force a load on a PE ODBC
driver, therefor making the running app a winelib, Like PHP for example?
If so could you make a little hello-world example of how it is done?

Grate work
Free Life
Boaz