spy.c in debug output

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Mon Jan 3 12:30:34 CST 2005

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 07:19:49PM +0100, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> "Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:
> You can of course configure the message filters to only dump listview
> messages in that case. Another possibility would be to make spy.c
> print only the listview messages if +listview is on but +message is off.

Certainly, all that is possbile. On the other hand, experience shows
that nobody does it if it's not immediately simple. And yes, people
are lazy, and prefer to work with stuff they understand rather then
hack on things they don't even know exist, as evidenced by all the
trace statements present in the code.

To my mind, it's a bit academic that it's possbile, if it's not used
my 99% of the people. It's too bad that we have such a woderful facility
in spy that could be so much more useful, and we don't make use of
it. Such a pitty.

--
Dimi.