Native unix style paths in wine common dialogs

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Tue Jan 4 11:11:22 CST 2005

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 04:57:15PM +0000, Mike Hearn wrote:
> It needs to be an API switch really as it's a per-app thing, only programs
> written to expect it should get UNIX names. But this is similar to the
> discussion we had before and what form the API should take (no firm
> decision made).

Actually, there are two independent issues here:
  1. How paths are presented to the user
     This is user preference, and should be a registry setting
  2. How paths are presented to the app
     This is something that needs to be per app. One way to do it
     would be to follow Miscrosoft and ornate apps somehow (the
     same they do for themable apps) via some sort of manifest
     that would request Unix paths instead of DOS ones. Same
     mechanism could be used for other things, like requesting
     native open dialogs instead of ours, etc.

--
Dimi.