ptrace single-stepping change breaks Wine

Thomas Sailer sailer at scs.ch
Wed Jan 5 04:43:26 CST 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 21:15 +0000, Mike Hearn wrote:
> Context: this is not about ptrace stuff, but rather Thomas Sailors

s/Sailor/Sailer/

> I'm afraid Alexandre has decided not to apply this patch (the ABI
> personality syscall). His reasoning is as follows:

Quite understandably.

> Could you upload a +relay,+tid,+seh,+msgbox trace somewhere please? Of
> course if you could investigate it yourself that'd be the best thing.

http://www.baycom.org/~tom/wine/wine.xst.broken.relay.tid.seh.msgbox.gz
http://www.baycom.org/~tom/wine/wine.xst.working.relay.tid.seh.msgbox.gz

I used 2.6.10-ac1 and wine-20041201-1fc3winehq. The second log (which is
huge!, ~250MBytes compressed, compression ratio roughly 1:100) is with
setarch i386 -L.

Thanks,
Tom